Friday, January 2, 2015

Ohh, So Pretty!

There is no rhyme or reason to when I post. Usually, though, a post comes about because I did something crafty that came out awesome or I took a really great picture.

Or because I realize that it's been MONTHS since I shared photos with the family.

So, today's post is because I am super excited about how pretty my new plants look. Don't worry, I'll throw in a few photos of Emma to keep you interested.

Emma Lifting Bailey (1)

This photo is of a child who is super excited that she was finally able to lift her dog. As I was uploading the photo to Flicker, I was thinking how silly it is to be excited about something so small. Then I remembered back to when I was a kid and how happy I was when I could finally lift our dog. Granted, Buddy weighted closer to 40 or 50 pounds, but still, I was so excited. I'm pretty sure I even have a picture of it somewhere. 

Birthday Giving Party (7)

A photo from Emma's birthday party. I wanted to share a photo of all the girls getting the donation bags decorated and filled, but there are cute kid faces in all the photos and I don't like to share photos of other people without permission.

Birthday Giving Party (22)

However, I have no problem bragging about how awesome our friends are. We had seven girls at the party and between them all, we managed to fill 16 bags/boxes to donate to the children's wing at our local hospital. The girls had a blast decorating the bags and then had even more fun filling them. 

Happy 9th Birthday! (46)

For Emma's birthday day, we stuck with our yearly tradition of going to the movies. We actually had choices this year! We decided to go see the Penguins of Madagascar. It was pretty awesome. 

Merry Christmas (31)

Despite the fact that we opened our Christmas presents two weeks early, Santa still stopped in to drop this off for Emma. She has decided to start collecting Painted Ponies. She has also requested I make her a curio cabinet to display them in. 

Merry Christmas (32)

For Christmas, Santa made sure I had time to myself. I got to sand and rebuild this bookcase that Emma and I rescued from the alley. It looks great in Emma's room. 

Now, for the real reason of this post!

2412 House Photos (2)

2412 House Photos (4)

2412 House Photos (5)

I know, your are speechless from all that awesomeness!

Actually, your probably wondering what the heck you are suppose to find so cool. It's the plants in the jars with the rocks and the fabric. I have been wanting house plants for a few years now, but we really haven't had anywhere to put them until now. So, over the last few days I have bought some plants. I'm trying not to break the bank with my newest obsession so instead of buying really expensive pots to house my new plants, I decided to look around and see what I could make work for now. As I love and collect class jars/containers I had a few to choose from. 

I didn't want to actually plant the little guys in the glass jars (at least not yet), so I looked around to see what we could use to help the plants not get lost in the containers. Emma's rock collection was the perfect thing!

Then, to hide the ugly green plastic pots the plants came in, I decided to tie some fabric around the jars and I even went so far as to color coordinate the fabric that I have in the library. I know, sometimes I even amaze myself. 

Here is a full view of the bookcases with plants. 

2412 House Photos (9)

Here is what the bookcases look like without their curtains.

2412 House Photos (13)

I have more awesome house updates to show you, but I need to actually get things picked up and put away a little more before I take and post photos. We are loving the house even though I still think it's too big. We've double our furniture in the last two weeks (all for free, yay!) and there are still more things I'd like to add (mostly more bookcases...). But for now, I am trying to just make what we do have look more cohesive and less thrift store chic. 

That being said, we are off to the thrift stores tomorrow to look for fun plant containers!

I hope the Winter is treating you all well. Me? I am counting down the days till Spring!

2 comments:

  1. I love your plants! They look right at home on your awesome bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write up and photos. Plants, glass containers, and shelves look so good. Emma's smile while she's holding Bailey gives a beautiful, HAPPY message. I felt happy just looking at them! Hope to call you all tonight or tomorrow night... depending upon when I get my homework finished. Love you all. M/G

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!