Monday, June 17, 2013

Operation Tooth

That is the name Emma has officially given to tomorrow's event. Technically it should be Operation Teeth, but hey. Whatever makes her happy.

Right now her teeth look like this.

Prior to Operation Tooth (2)

Notice how her front teeth (which had a gap a month or so ago)
Another Walk to the Park (5)
 are starting to overlap, and that her left top canine tooth is actually behind her bottom teeth?

Prior to Operation Tooth (4)

Yeah, that's not so good. Her mouth is so small, and with all the teeth she still has coming in, we (by 'we,' I mean Jared and I, plus her regular dentist, plus her orthodontist, and oral surgeon)  decided to give her a fighting chance by pulling her baby canines that are still in there. This will give her teeth some time to hopefully straighten out on their own, while also giving her jaw a bit of time to grow and make room for the rest of her adult teeth. 

The poor kid. She's really not looking forward to this. We were able to joke about it tonight, and she told me just a bit ago that joking about it seems to really help. 

So, if anyone knows any good tooth/teeth/dentist jokes that are kid appropriate, I would love to hear them (or you could text them to us all day tomorrow!).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I will make up a few. They might be too stupid to bother using, so no pressure from me.
    Knock knock. Who's there? Emma. Emma who? Emma gonna have a great smile soon. Knock, knock. Who's there? Emma. Emma who? Emma hiding from you so come and fine me. Knock, knock. Who's there? Ida. Ida who? Ida wanna play anymore so I'm going inside. Make up more of your own. Emma = I am Love, M/G

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!