Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hard Working Cowgirl- Day 2

We were up and at 'em again this morning. Emma was super excited because we were picking up a new friend. Adi is another horse crazy girl lucky enough to be taking lessons with Jill. Adi also happens to be 12, old enough to babysit...

Anyway, Emma had all kinds of questions for me about Adi last night at bedtime, "Does she have any siblings, (her words, not mine), what is her favorite color, does she like to do crafts...?" We'll, after a few minutes of being shy, she asked all her questions. Adi is a good kid and seems to really enjoy chatting with Emma.

We also picked Jill up. I was excited about that because that meant Jill was stuck with me for at least 20ish minutes and I could ask all kinds of my own questions!

The day started a bit slow again, but we got a bunch of stuff done. I even remembered to take photos (or enlist Emma to take them) for most of the day.

Enough babbling, here are the photos.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 1 (2)
Unloading the horses- Trip #1

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 1
Unloading the horses- Trip #1
Emma took almost all of the rest of the photos. 

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 1 (7)
Unloading the horses- Trip #1

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Horses Settling  (23)
Sunny

*Emma took over 200 photos, but I only chose a few to add to the site. Your welcome*

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 2 (10)
Unloading the horses- Trip #2

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Trip 2 horses settling (32)
Watching the horses get settled.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 3 (4)
Unloading the horses- Trip #3

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 3 (6)
Unloading the horses- Trip #3
That's me! See, I did actually do something :0)

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Unloading Trip 3 (13)
Unloading the horses- Trip #3

After all the horses were moved and settled, we headed back to the old stables to pick up some wood shavings. I love having a truck!

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Wood Shavings (8)
Me doing more work! Shoveling out wood shavings is good exercise.

Once everything was pretty well settled and situated, it was evening feeding time. We helped a bit, then Emma got a special reward.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Emma's Reward (6)
Meggie and Otis in their temporary spot.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Emma's Reward (5)
We didn't want to waste time with the saddle and reins, so we just haltered Meggie and Emma rode bareback while I lead them around. We even got Meggie to trot a bit. 

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Emma's Reward (4)
I love the horse and rider shadows.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Emma's Reward (3)
Meggies reward for behaving so well.

Moving North Star Horsemenship Day 2- Emma's Reward
One happy, dirty, tired, and hungry cowgirl.

We hope your weekend was as fantastic as ours!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos here too. I wish I was there now so I could meet Adi. (I did not see a pix of her???) It would have been an easy way to start them off together. Mom gone, Adi babysitting, and me going for walks so I'd pop in a bit and take off again and repeat. Oh well, I am so glad you all found each other.Will be good for everyone. Just think, Mom and Da can have a date night or date afternoon when he is back home! Too fun for all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!