Sunday, July 22, 2012

Allow Me to Introduce...

 ...Second Lieutenant (2nd Lt) Steffen!

Jared saying a few words after he was commissioned.

The commissioning ceremony was nice and simple. Jared and one other cadet were commissioned outside on Central Campus at Iowa State University.  

Jared during the oath of commissioning

 I was so proud of Jared as I watched him take the oath. The last 5 years have been crazy, hard, fun, scary..you name it, we have experienced the feeling. But it was all worth it to be standing there watching him make this new commitment, start this new chapter.

Boppa, Gramma, Jared, Tina and Emma

After the ceremony the cadre had a small reception for Jared and his fellow cadet. There was cake (that Emma and I chose to avoid) and some slushy pineapple drink that Emma and I had and loved.

Friday was a great day, followed by a great weekend which I will post more about after getting some much needed sleep.

I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!