Friday, April 6, 2012

Goal: Day 2 Complete

Emma and I had to bundle up this morning for our walk as it was CHILLY out! But, we went for our walk :0)

We chatted about green smoothies. I started reading a book last night called, "The Green Smoothies Diet" by Robyn Openshaw. So, I explained to Emma some of what I learned about 'live enzymes.'

Interested?

I learned that our bodies have a limited number of enzymes available to help us for digestion. Fresh fruits and veggies are full of live enzymes, which when consumed, help us digest the other foods we eat (processed foods, meat, etc.) with minimal help from the enzymes currently in the body.

So, I explained to Emma that we would start splitting our smoothies up. Instead of drinking all of them first thing in the morning, we would have some with breakfast, some with lunch, and some with dinner.

The book also suggests that adults consume 1 quart (4 cups) of smoothies a day, kids 1 pint (2 cups).  Turns out that is what Emma, Jared, and I are currently consuming. Go us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!