Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goal: Day 15 Complete- Halfway There!

Yeah, today is the halfway point!!

And boy was today's walk a blast. It started raining as soon as we got up, then started thundering and lightening while we ate breakfast.

Once Jared was off to school, Emma and I made our shoes so we could go for our walk.

Yes, you read that right, we made our shoes this morning. Our invisible shoes. I would post a picture, but, you know, they are invisible.

Just kidding.

Here is a photo from during and after our walk (because I wasn't smart enough to take a before picture).



Invisible shoes, or Huaraches became popular due to the book "Born to Run." While I am not an expert on it, Jared and I have been doing research into foot wear and we have decided that barefoot is best, especially for growing feet. 

While I am totally fine with Emma running around the yard with no shoes, I am not really comfortable with Emma running around anywhere else with no shoes. The huaraches allow Emma's feet to move as freely as if she was barefoot, but protect her feet from any nasty stuff that may be on the side walks and at parks. The sole of the shoe is thin enough that our feet can still feel the ground, and by being able to feel the ground, we are able to automatically correct our walking/running form. 

There is a lot of great info out there about barefoot running if you are interested. (I was trying to find an article I had read a while back, but I can't find it again)

Anyway, we really had a blast on our walk. I enjoyed walking along to the song of, "PUDDLES, PUDDLES!" It was pretty cute. 



 We love our walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!