Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goal: Day 13 Complete

Today was a beautiful day. I slept in (well, went back to bed after helping Jared get ready for school) till 9:30. You can call me lazy, but man did I need that sleep.

I managed to get all the dishes done (well, about 98% of them anyway), which hasn't happened in about a week.

I made some nori snacks, cooked up some rice, made peanut butter, started some beans soaking (for recipes and some just for eating), did a few other recipe prep steps, threw some grapes in the freezer before they could go bad, rearranged the fridge a bit, and read outside while Emma played (for over an hour!).

Oh, and we went for our walk first thing after I woke up :)

I am currently reading "The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook" by  Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre MS CN. I found their website first, and loved a lot of the information they provide. I requested the book from my local library, but they had to inter-library loan it for me, so I just got it a few days ago. This just may be another book I add to my collection. The book provides a lot of general information about different gluten free flours, gluten free whole grains, beans, and lots of different fruits and veggies.

Plus, the recipes look pretty yummy, some old favorites and lots of new dishes to try out. I am pretty excited as most of the recipes seem pretty easy.

For now, I am going to finish up on the computer then head into town to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies that I ordered from Farm To Folk, a local organization that coordinates with different local farms to provide fresh fruits, veggies, meats, breads, etc to the public. 

Fresh strawberries, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!