Monday, April 16, 2012

Goal: Day 11 and 12 Complete

So, yesterday apparently was kinda crazy. We all went for a walk around the block in the morning after some breakfast.

Yeah for day 11!

It was a windy, but warmish morning. A nice walk.

Then the rest of the day was kinda a blur. I drove down to Prairieland Herbs (such a wonderful place and such wonderful people) for their Sample Sunday so I could pick up some herbal tinctures to help Jared's healing process, as well as a tincture for me to help relax a bit.

Stress sucks.

I tried making pancakes for dinner last night, actually, I tried making a German Pancake. It smelled so awesome! But I managed to burn the outside while the inside was still a gummy mess.

I tried to salvage it, but I couldn't.

So I decided to try making regular (well, gluten free regular) pancakes. Found a decent recipe, whipped up the batter, and proceeded to burn the outsides while the insides stayed gummy. Turns out some other people had problems when using arrowroot starch as well.

Grr. I really wanted some stinking pancakes!

So, Jared had some left over pizza that I dug out of the back of the freezer, Emma had some apples and pretzels with pb, and I can't even remember what I had.

Apparently when I am near my wits end, I can't cook. Lucky for me I made the smoothies in the morning.

As for day 12. We almost forgot to go for our walk this morning. Emma and I remembered as we were doing groceries, so as soon as we got home, the perishable items were put away, and off on our walk we went.

It is COLD and windy today. Yuck.

But, day 12 is done, so Yeah me :) And I took a nap, so I hope that today goes a little better then yesterday. I think we might be safe for dinner as it's pizza night and we LOVE Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix. It takes a bit of time to make it, but we love it so much that this is the 3rd or 4th week we have had it. I even bought 2 packages today in case we have another night like last nights pancake fiasco.

Better safe than hungry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!