Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The List

I have some big plans for this next year.

Wait, I always have big plans :)

The idea I would like to talk about right now though is Emma's education.

For those of you who do not know, Jared, Emma, and I have decided that unschooling Emma is the best choice for all of us (a story for another day).

Anyway, this year she is technically old enough to be considered school age. For some reason, that makes me want to start acquiring all kinds of educational type items.

Don't get me wrong, we have spent the last 5 years buying educational type toys, books, games, movies, etc, but now I want to be more organized and focused about it.

You can blame this blog for it :) I find her inventory list and the photos of how she organizes it very inspiring. I need to start scavenging for bookshelves...

The List:

Books
Encyclopedias
Maps
Biographies
Places
Cultures
Workbooks (all subjects, multiple grade levels)


Equipment
Microscope
Magnifying Glass
Projector
Human Torso
Science kits (anything and everything)
Balance Scale

So basically as I am writing this post I am going crazy on Amazon making a wish list. Did you know you can get a thingy (technical term) for your toolbar that allows you to add anything from any site to your Amazon wish list.

So, for now I am going to back away from the computer (I currently have 81 items in my wish list, and that was being selective).

That being said, feel free to check out my wish list. If you are feeling super generous and wish to purchase something in the name of education, we will love you forever for it :)

(edited 24Jan11- We started a blog specifially to track our unschooling journey. Emma is even a contibuting author! Mama is Emma's Mama. Feel free to stop by!)

3 comments:

  1. you go girl! i'm so going to check out that blog when i get a free minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's me! :)

    I just wanted to let you know of a couple of great resources - Discount School Supply is a most excellent resource for lots of young children's supplies. Many, many of our things came from there. (And just about all of our art supplies.)
    A favorite of mine for science tools is Home Science Tools, and they also have an email newsletter with science experiments in it - for different ages, as you choose.
    :)
    Welcome to officially Unschooling.
    It's a beautiful place to be.

    Stephanie (Mama at O.L.M.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    I did follow your link to Home Science Tools, thank you :) I was excited by the site and signed up for the news letter. We love science.
    Thanks for the tip on Discount School Supply, I will check them out later.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!