Thursday, February 25, 2010

Home at Last

It is good to be home. Not so happy about the weather, but happy to be home.

This last trip to Arizona felt much longer then it actually was. Here is a quick recap.

My step-father, John, passed away on the day we flew out to Arizona. Not the best way to start any trip, but at least we were able to be there for my mom. Instead of heading right down to Tucson, we spent a few days with her in Phoenix. My older sister, Amber, was able to make it out also, so it was also good to see her. Emma and I headed down to Tucson on Sunday, the drove back up to Phoenix Monday night for the funeral on Tuesday. We drove back to Tucson Wednesday morning.

Both Emma, and I ended up sick the day after we landed in Arizona. We would get a little better, then get worse. It went that way our entire time in Arizona.

Once in Tucson, things smoothed out a bit, except for the being sick. We managed to have a good time and get some work done. Emma had a ton of fun playing with Myra and Olivia (Livy). I had a blast hanging out with my BFF, Yvonne, and her family. The highlight of the entire trip for Emma was the horseback riding and played at the school playground.

Emma and Livy played so well together during the day that I was able to get a bunch of crafting done. I have uploaded all the pictures of things I have crafted to my KaoticKrafter Facebook Fanpage. I also managed to blog about some of them here. Feel free to check them out!

We spent the last 3 days of our Arizona trip back in Phoenix. This time I got to hang out with my younger sister, Melisa, my brother-in-law, Dave, and my nephew, David. It was great to see them.

Reading through my post, the trip does not seem all that crazy and emotional, but let me assure you, it was. I am glad to be home, and I am glad that the crappy weather gives me an excuse to hibernate in my house till I feel like being social again.

Until I am ready to be social, I will be busy planning a bunch of cool giveaways and such for next month for both this blog and my craft blog, KaoticKrafter. Check back in a few days to see whats going on and what is being given away!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I wanted to let you know I got your package today in the mail containing the heart blanket...my daughter grabbed it and claimed it as her own to cover up her babies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    I am glad that your daughter likes it :) She is totally cute, I love the flower headband that you made, might have to give that a try...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!