Monday, January 11, 2010

Recent Interests

Lately I have been having fun getting rid of my stack of fabric. If I had held on to it any longer it would be vintage! I borrowed the book Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule from the library. I used the patterns provided to make my own shopping bags and hats made out of sweaters. Lots of other really cool ideas I look forward to making once the book is available again:)

I have also found this cool website that explains how to recycle old sweaters and t-shirts into new pants for the kids. Another take on making kid pants is here.

Once Emma gets back from Gramma and Boppa's I will finish the pants and take some pics and post them so you can see how they turned out.

I also found a cool website for swapping items, check it out! Swap Mamas

Oh, one other book I have borrowed and really enjoyed is .Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I made a couple of loaves while at my in-laws, but forgot to bring the ingredients home with me, so I have to wait to make more :(

I hope this inspires you to get creatively green!

(Edited 01/11/10 9:40 p.m.) I almost forgot this site! A cool way to make sweaters into kids aprons is here. I hope to try it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!