Sunday, January 17, 2010

Early Wake-up

At 2:45 this morning, my dog decided he needed to go potty. With our door out back frozen shut and the 3 feet of snow in the backyard, I have been putting Icky on his leash and taking him out front. Not an ideal solution, but it has made it easier for me to talk myself into walking Icky around the block.

After taking Icky out so he could do his business, I was wide awake. It was too early in the morning to do much of anything except surf the web. I was able to get a decent deal on airline tickets to Tucson, I upgraded all our cell phones, I caught up on e-mail, set up a horse lesson for Emma and myself, and added some items to My Etsy Shop.

A little after 6:00 Jared's alarm went off. He came out to see what was up, then went back to bed. I thought I might be tired enough to go back to bed, so I followed. Turns out I wasn't really.

As I was laying in our crowed bed, Jared on one side of me, Emma on the other, and Icky laying down by Jared's legs, I was comforted by the sounds of my loved ones peacefully breathing.

I thought about the roads that I had taken to get where I am, where I want to be, where I am happy (finally).

I thought about how lucky I am to have a husband who tolerates, maybe even understands my desire to stay home with Emma, to craft, and to be green.

I thought about how lucky I am to have a daughter who loves me and is patient with me when I get into the crafting zone, who loves to craft with me.

I even thought about how lucky I am to have had Icky in my life. He has taught me a lot about patience, understanding, and tolerance.

And love. All three of them have taught me about love.

I hope you have or someday find the kind of love I am lucky to have and thankful for every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!