Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sneaking in the Veggies

So I was rummaging through the cupboards looking for the mac and cheese for dinner tonight when I realized I also had a container of baby food squash. The squash was suppose to be for a specific recipe that I never made. Mac and cheese is orange, squash is orange. I decided to throw the squash in the mac and cheese. The squash was actually wet enough that I did not need to add any milk or butter.

We sat down to eat, I dished up some mac and cheese for Emma, and she dug in. I also served up some mac and cheese for myself. I thought I could taste the squash a little, but not a whole lot. Jared had some mac and cheese after he finished his minute steak burger (apparently it is not ok for him to have ketchup left on his plate when he serves up his mac and cheese).

I asked Jared how he like the mac and cheese. He thought that he waited to long and it tasted a little dry. By this point, Emma was just about done her mac and cheese so I told them that I had added the squash. Emma licked her finger and said, "I think I like squash."

Jared and I decided that if I add squash again, I should still add the butter to make it creamy. As Jared and I were cleaning up and Emma was finishing her dinner, she said to me, "Mama, you make the best mac and cheese."

Thanks kiddo, I am glad you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!