Wednesday, November 11, 2009

About the J.E.T

This is my very first blog. I figure a good place to start is with a little intro.

Hi, I am Tina. I am a wife and a mom. It amazes me that those two 'jobs' can seem so unimportant to some people, but to others, the are a badge of honor. I love being a wife, and I love being a mom. Both jobs are tough at times, and sometimes even thankless, but all it takes to make my day is a big squeezy hug from my daughter, and a simple complement from my hubby. What can I say, I am easy to please! Here is a little more info about my two favorite people (and our dog).

Jared and I have been married for 5 years. We met in Tucson, AZ where we both were stationed. When we met, we were both active duty Air Force. Our story is a little long and pretty fun to tell, so I will save that for a post of its own. Anyway, we got married in Tucson, Emma was born in Tucson, and we love Tucson. At the moment we are living in Iowa and we miss Tucson. Jared separated from the Air Force in January of 2008. He is a history major/ ROTC cadet at Iowa State University. Once he graduates, he will be a commissioned officer in the Air Force. We miss the military and are looking forward to getting back to that life.

Emma, our beautiful baby girl, is almost 4. I separated from the Air Force when I was pregnant with her. I was able to stay home with her for her first two years. Unfortunately, I took that time for granted. When Jared separated from the Air Force to go back to school, I was excited about going back to work. My excitement did not last long. I hated being away from Emma all day. Well, it took almost two years but I am back home with her. Emma loves to "read", loves to be read too, loves horses and dinosaurs, and is very independent. We tend to butt heads often over very silly and unimportant things, but we are getting better. Thankfully she has a great sense of humor so we are able to laugh our stress away most days.

Icky, our boxer/pit bull/ Labrador, is the other member of our household. My poor Icky. He is a great dog, but he tends to get neglected when Emma and I get involved in our crafts or books or what not. We adopted Icky when he was 7 months old, just before Jared and I got married. He is a great dog, but he has his issues. He tends to not like strangers (both human and canine variety) but he is the best dog around Emma. He has always been patient with Emma and very easy around her. For that, we are willing to put up with his other issues. I try to work with him, but I am not very consistent. Shame on me.

And then there is me, Tina. I am a Gemini. That will explain a lot. I change my mind a lot. I tend to throw myself into new projects and sometimes I don't always follow them through. For example, I started a course in motorcycle repair, but never finished. I attended 4 months of cosmetology school (before I decided that the soap opera life was not for me). I enrolled in dietetic courses, but withdrew before they began. Same for physical fitness. I took a bunch of courses in American Sign Language to become an interpreter, but never went back to finish. I did manage to finish a correspondence course in dog training though, after my second attempt (hence the shame on me comment about Icky). I have had a bunch of different jobs through the years; waitress, call center operator, day care, toll booth attendant, retail clerk, news paper delivery, city bus driver, ice cream scooper, babysitter, commercial building cleaner, and probably a few I have forgotten over the years. My hobbies are just as scattered as everything else. I would love to relearn how to play the guitar. I need to do more with all the scrapbooking and jewelry making stuff I have. My current obsession is crocheting, and paper making. I like to think that even though I am goofing off, I am still being productive.

As I was saying earlier, I love being a wife and a mother. I try to be thankful everyday for what I have and for all that I am able to do. I am happy to say that being home with Emma is right where I want to be.

Oh, in case you missed it, J.E.T. stands for Jared, Emma, Tina. We typically add Icky in there so don't be surprised if you see J.E.T.I. at some point.

Thanks for reading about us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!